Jock has practiced law for over 35 years in Canada and England. He is a senior litigator with extensive experience in commercial law, civil law and mediation. His focus includes construction and commercial disputes, matrimonial matters involving division of assets and support, estate litigation and personal injury.
Jock obtained his M.A.(Hons.) in Economics from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, and his LL.B. from the University of British Columbia. Prior to moving to Kelowna, Jock practiced law in both Vancouver and London, England. In 1996, Jock joined a large Kelowna law firm where he was a partner for over 20 years. Jock started Craddock Law on October 1, 2020.
Jock enjoys working with his clients to assist them through conflict. Understandably, clients do not enjoy the dispute process. Jock uses compassion, determination and attention to detail to help his clients reach a resolution that is in their best interests.
Outside the office, Jock is actively involved in several organizations serving our community. He is a member of the Board of Governors of the Trial Lawyers Association of BC and a Director of Pathways Abilities Society. He is married and enjoys spending time with his wife (who grew up in Kelowna), son, daughter and 2 dogs. For recreation, he enjoys golf, cycling, skiing, hiking and attempting to play hockey.
Court and administrative decisions where Jock was counsel are as follows:
• Application to set aside default Judgement – Burnco Rock Products Ltd. v. Bear Creek Contracting Ltd., 2019 BCSC 1257
• Commercial Mareva Injunctions – Access Human Resources Inc. v. Earl, 2018 BCSC 2347
• Commercial Mortgage priorities – Ryan Mortgage v. Revesz 2015 BCSC 1734
• Motor vehicle accident trial – Olynyk v. Turner, 2012 BCSC 1138
• Motor vehicle accident trial – Engqvist v. Doyle et al, 2011 BCSC 1585
• Dismissal of Petition against a Shareholder – Archibald et al v. Sutherland et al, 2006 BCSC 1641
• Trial and Appeal of wrongful dismissal – Fisher v. Lakeland Mills Ltd., 2005 BCSC 64 and 2008 BCCA 42
• Trial to enforce services contract – Golder Associates Ltd. V. Mill Creek Development et al, 2004 BCSC 665
• WCB jurisdiction determination – Giesbrecht v. Gullekson, WCAT-2003-03322
• Family law trial – Newman v. Newman, 2001 BCSC 1164 and 2001 BCSC 1345
• Application to dismiss builder’s lien – Harmony Co-ordination Services Ltd. 542479 BC Ltd. et al, March 11, 1999 Kelowna Registry 42784
• Breach of Contract trial – gravel licence – Froese v. Hik, 1996 CanLii 3526
Janis grew up in Kelowna and graduated from Kelowna Secondary School. She has her LL.B. from the University of Manitoba, LL.M. from the London School of Economics and her M.B.A. from the University of British Columbia. Janis practiced Maritime Law in London, England and Vancouver before leaving the practice of law to raise her 2 children. She spent the following years volunteering at her children’s schools, running book fairs, and coaching and managing sports teams. She is excited to be back in the legal world, albeit in a different capacity.